Internship at SIGNAL IDUNA - Group Strategy & Corporate Development
SIGNAL IDUNA offers an internship position in the group development and strategy department
Who we are
SIGNAL IDUNA is one of the top service insurers in Germany. Over the last two years, our company has intensively tested agile working methods and gained extensive experience. We have laid the foundations for modern digital business models, processes and customer services in a Group-wide transformation program. Now we want to reach the next level of implementation and push for a broad agile positioning of the company. The goal is to work as agilely as possible in many places, to act in a user-centric manner, and to make data-driven decisions.
What you can expect
- Support in the further development and implementation of the content of the group strategy
- Diverse involvement in the development of business strategies at Group and segment level in close collaboration with members of the Executive Board and decentralized teams
- Further development of strategy development and implementation processes as well as related methods and workflows
- Insights into the operationalization and implementation of (new) strategic management processes and tools
- Analysis and evaluation of market and trend developments to identify sustainable business models
- Advanced studies in business administration, economics, industrial engineering or a comparable course of study at a recognized university
- Very good academic performance as well as very good MS-Office skills
- First relevant experience through previous internships is desirable
- Interest in digital transformation, strategic issues and innovation management
- Above-average commitment, ability to work in a team and curiosity
- Preferred internship duration: 3 to 6 months
- Willingness to travel for regular attendance at the Dortmund and Hamburg locations
What we offer you
- Open and friendly working atmosphere in a creative and motivated team
- A steep learning curve and exciting tasks in a unique transformation, where agility is not just a buzz word, but lived and implemented
- A modern work environment, as many post-its as you need, in-house bowling alley
- Further development of personal and professional skills
Students and graduates
Dortmund or Hamburg
As soon as possible
Further information about the job advertisement can be found here.
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus North to Campus South by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus North and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".
Street navigation from and to the TU Dortmund University:
The document and the graphic represent the motorways and federal highways around the TU Dortmund University in a very simplified way:
This interactive map helps you find and navigate between facilities and buildings on campus:
This document contains a simple campus map in German and English: